All Posts By altadmin

Christopher Lacroix – Part One: There is a minimum to operate properly

January 24 – March 7, 2020 Through performance, video, photography, and text-based works, Christopher Lacroix’s practice interrogates the relentless effort of queer existence, an existence that both desires and rejects a normative system that makes deviant ways of being inadequate. The paradox of aspiration and refusal results in a crisis of self which Lacroix enacts…

Read More

Red Dot 2019

November 22 – December 21, 2019 The Red Dot Members’ Show & Sale offers​ ​the​ ​opportunity​ ​for​ ​Alternator​ ​Members​ ​to sell​ ​their creations​ ​in​ ​this​ ​annual​ ​end-of-year​ ​exhibition.​ 75% of​​ ​proceeds go ​directly​ ​to the artist,​ ​with the remaining​ ​25%​ contributed to the gallery to support 2020 Alternator programming. ​Upon​ ​purchase,​ ​happy​ ​buyers​ ​will​ ​take​…

Read More

Alberto Azzi: Living in a Colourful World

October 25 to November 9, 2019 Kelowna based artist Alberto Azzi’s paintings are characterized by an intersection of realism and fantasy. He is a self taught artist with no formal art education. Azzi developed his unique and recognizable style of extreme details, brilliant colours, and precise techniques through the years, after retirement from a forty…

Read More

Newsletter Sign-up