The Alternator Centre for Contemporary Art is currently accepting programming applications for our Window Gallery
Application deadline: Ongoing
The Alternator Centre for Contemporary Art is an artist-run centre located in Kelowna, BC. Since 1989 the Alternator has shown the work of emerging Canadian and international artists with an experimental approach, particularly those engaged in social and cultural issues. The Alternator is currently accepting exhibition proposals from artists and curators for the 2018 calendar year.
Selections are based on four criteria:
- Compatibility with the Alternator’s mandate
- The quality of the artwork (with an emphasis on experimental approach)
- The quality of the written proposal
We are committed to fostering artists’ professional autonomy and are proud to pay successful applicants CAR/FAC fees.
The Alternator does have limited funds available to assist with exhibition production expenses and travel. If you require assistance with production expenses, please include a detailed description and budget of production expenses as part of your programming submission as well as expected installation schedule/timeline.
Successful applications should include:
- A brief description clearly outlining the exhibition you are proposing (maximum 300 words)
- An artist statement (maximum 500 words)
- A curriculum vitae
- An image list detailing medium and size
- 10-15 images with name and title. Video artists may submit a video no longer than 5 minutes. Please submit all images in jpeg format. Label jpg images with number and title, for example: 01_title.jpg, 02_title.jpg etc. Jpg images must be 72 dpi, maximum 1024 x 768 pixels. 500 KB (0.5MB)
- A detailed description and budget of production expenses (only if required)
- A self addressed, sufficiently stamped envelope (only if desiring return of proposal materials)
Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis, and can be mailed to the gallery or dropped off in person. Please identify your submission as for the ‘Window Gallery’.
E-mail submissions are not accepted.
MAILING ADDRESS FOR PROPOSALS
Attn: Programming Committee
The Alternator Centre for Contemporary Art
421 Cawtson Ave, Unit 103
Kelowna, BC V1Y 6Z1